Sunday, June 7, 2009


for those of you who don't know, jamie lee curtis has hung up her acting shoes (whatever those are) and has been writing childrens books instead. the books are actually quite sweet, with fabulous illustrations. JLC has two children of her own, and evidently, her son has some learning disabilities that prompted her to write a few down to earth books for children that really speak to kids instead of at them.

she has also given much credit to her circle of female friends who have been her touchstone throughout milestones in her life. the poem below is hers. i decided to share it since i have so many female friends for which i am very grateful.

Ode To Women

If indeed it's a race, then the chicks do the most
It isn't a brag, or an estrogen boast

It's the women who've led me, with big open hearts
If not for their love, I'd have failed at the start

And it's not just the mothers,
I speak of them all
It's a woman there first, when somebody falls

The multi of tasking, that's easy to tease
I dare a great man to try it all, Please!

So this is my shout out, my rallying cry
To women all over, I hold you up high

And tho there are others who'll think this poem strange

It's the women who plant the root of big change.

*jamie lee curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment